NEW Street Scrambler
THE NEW STREET SCRAMBLER
The Street Scrambler’s beautiful style, rugged off-road attitude and cool versatility has earned it a phenomenal reputation worldwide. And now, new-for-2019 enhancements add a new dimension of performance, capability, comfort and style to one of Triumph’s most accessible and easy-handling modern classics.
With a significantly updated 900cc twin Bonneville engine for more power, higher standard specification equipment, new class-leading technology, more premium detailing and finish, and an even more distinctive and purposeful scrambler look, the result is a new generation Street Scrambler that’s even more fun to ride than ever before.
New 2019 Street Scrambler - Born For Freedom and Fun.
The beautiful, characterful, fun and accessible Street Scrambler is one of Triumph’s most loved and authentic modern classics. Launched in 2017, with its rugged off-road attitude and a cool versatility, it has been embraced by customers and customisers alike.
With an unparalleled heritage, that can be traced back to the early 1960s when the world’s first Triumph scramblers were born with the Bonneville T120 TT and TR6 ‘C’, this new-for-2019 Street Scrambler brings a whole new dimension of performance with a significant step-up in power and specification, new first-in-class technology, and an even higher level of finish and beautiful scrambler detailing.
More power and performance
- Significant power increase, up by 10PS to 65PS, 18% more peak power than before
- Higher revving engine, with a red line now 500rpm higher than the previous generation
- High 80Nm torque output
- Unmistakable Scrambler sound.
Higher specification for improved ride
- New Brembo 4-piston front brake caliper, enhancing braking performance
- New higher-specification cartridge front forks for a more comfortable ride
- Dynamic scrambler ergonomics with wide bars, forward set pegs and a 19” front wheel
- Dual purpose tyres for great grip on road or light off-road surfaces
- Accessible low seat height for every height of rider
- New Road and Rain riding modes
- Switchable ABS and traction control
- Torque-assist clutch
- LED rear light
- Immobiliser and USB power socket
More purposeful and beautiful
- New more contemporary logo
- New more premium instrument styling
- New adventure-oriented seat finish
- Wider spaced front forks for more Scrambler-style presence and poise
- Distinctive, stripped back Scrambler features and details
- 120+ custom accessories
- New ‘Urban Tracker’ inspiration kit
More power and performance
The new 2019 Street Scrambler introduces a significant set of major updates with power and performance being top of the list.
The 900cc High Torque Bonneville engine has been upgraded to deliver an incredible 10PS more peak power, taking the total to 65PS, which is an impressive 18% more than its predecessor.
This major evolution also delivers higher revs, up by 500rpm to 7,500rpm, which together with its unique high torque delivery, with a peak torque of 80Nm is delivered low down @ 3,200rpm, and its signature high level exhaust system bring that unmistakeable Scrambler soundtrack and thrilling, agile and responsive ride.
The Street Scrambler’s High Torque 900 engine updates include:
- New magnesium cam cover
- New lightweight crankshaft, dead shafts and balance shafts
- New mass optimised clutch cover
- New lighter clutch.
In addition to these updates, the new Street Scrambler retains its high standard of modern engine technology that has contributed to making this one of the most favoured bikes for customers and customizers alike. Ride-by-wire brings enhanced rideability, safety and control, from a single throttle body. Liquid cooling delivers low emissions and fuel efficient riding. High service intervals of 10,000 miles (16,000km) also help maintain the Street Scrambler’s low cost of ownership.
EUROPE ONLY - A dealer-fitted A2 licence kit, incorporating APS twist grip and engine tune, will be available for the new Street Scrambler in applicable markets. This enhances its appeal and accessibility even further, making it a great first choice for new riders.
Higher specification for improved ride
Whether cruising the urban streets or riding the dirt tracks and green lanes, the 2019 Street Scrambler is designed to deliver easy precise handling and a balanced agile feel. With dedicated new chassis and suspension updates, the new Street Scrambler represents a significant upgrade to capability and brings even more of the dynamic Scrambler poise, ride and style.
The new Brembo 4-piston front brake caliper, featuring premium Brembo branding, provides better stopping power, with improved bite and feel for greater rider control.
New higher spec cartridge front forks, with scrambler-style rubber gaiters and a full 120mm travel, deliver great road and light off-road capability and comfort.
In addition to the higher specification equipment, the Street Scrambler delivers a commanding rider position with comfortable ergonomics and accessible neutral handling. These come from its signature scrambler wide handlebars, forward set foot pegs and a 19 inch spoked front wheel with dual purpose Metzeler Tourance tyres fitted as standard.
As a result, the new Street Scrambler raises the bar for its intuitive handling, set-up for a truly confidence-inspiring ride and even greater capability for light off-road riding.
New first-in-class technology
The 2019 Street Scrambler sets a new benchmark for first-in-class technology with:
- New Road and Rain riding modes, which adjust the throttle map and traction control settings for the optimum riding experience in all conditions - Switchable traction control which optimises the delivery of the Street Scrambler’s classleading torque when traction is compromised - Switchable ABS for enhanced rider confidence, safety and control – a unique feature on the Street Scrambler which reflects its genuine dual purpose capability - Torque-assist clutch bringing a lighter touch and feel to the clutch to make it more comfortable to ride, and for longer - LED** rear light incorporated into the minimal tail set-up, with a distinctive rear light pattern and excellent power efficiency - Immobiliser fitted as standard, with transponder incorporated into the key, for maximum security - USB charging socket located under the seat for the convenient charging of personal electronic devices.
More purposeful and beautiful
Timeless Scrambler design DNA, iconic clean lines, signature high-level exhaust, sculpted tank, minimal bodywork, and premium modern finishes; the new Street Scrambler is one of the most beautiful eye-catching motorcycles in the world.
A host of beautiful new updates and premium additions for 2019 take the Street Scrambler’s custom classic good looks to an even higher level, Including;
- New number-board side panel graphics incorporating the more contemporary new logo
- Upgraded instrument styling with a new bezel and high-value metallic branded embellisher, and a new dial face with translucent silver detailing.
- New adventure-oriented seat finish with a durable leather and textile inspired material
- Wider spaced front forks, adding to the distinctive and purposeful Scrambler style, requiring revised front mudguard, top yoke and headlight brackets.
All of these new features come in addition to the Street Scrambler’s distinctive design, including:
- Sculpted Scrambler fuel tank with locking filler cap and rubber knee pads
- Black engine covers with Triumph’s makers mark triangle and Bonneville engine badge
- Elegant single throttle body with aluminium finisher
- Minimal side panels and mudguards
- Brushed exhaust headers
- Distinctive Bonneville engine finned head and header clamps
- Twin seat set-up with interchangeable pillion seat and aluminium rear rack
- Removable pillion pegs and hangers for off-road durability
- Steel high grip ‘Bear Trap’ adventure style front foot pegs
- All terrain style bash plate
- Front mudguard mounts to suit larger wheel and dual purpose tyre clearance
The new Street Scrambler is available in three exciting paint schemes;
- Fusion white
- Cranberry Red
- Khaki Green and Matt Aluminium, with jet black coach-line
Built to personalise
The base for countless custom builds all over the world, the Street Scrambler has been designed to provide the perfect opportunity for every rider to personalise their bike. With over 120 accessories, the Street Scrambler can bring even more rugged off-road focus, more style, more everyday usability, and there are now even more stylish luggage options, too.
The off-road accessories include adjustable piggy back FOX rear shocks with threaded preload adjustment and 24 position compression damping, high level front mudguard, black nylon headlight grill with a pressed steel matt black bezel, and a forged and machined aluminium handlebar brace in a black anodised finish (fitted with a stylish black or brown vinyl bar pad embroidered with the Triumph logo).
For even more style the accessories range includes slip on Vance & Hines single exit silencers with carbon fibre end cap and a traditional scrambler twin bench seat.
There is also a range of rugged luggage or waxed cotton panniers.
To make customising easier, we’ve also created an exciting new inspiration kit to use as the starting point for riders to design their own Street Scrambler custom, or to have fitted as a complete set – the custom cool, stripped-back Urban Tracker kit.
The Urban Tracker kit:
Adds to the practical touring appeal, with
- 25 litre rugged pannier and mounting kit
- Slip on Vance & Hines silencer
- CNC machined black oil filler cap
- Black handlebar brace
- Number board kit
- Black ribbed bench seat
- Black dresser bar kit
- Headlight grille and bezel
- High level front mudguard
- Sump guard kit
- Ride-by-Wire For a crisper and more precise throttle response, with improved on/off throttle transition, enabling different throttle maps, which, combined with the traction control settings, give two riding modes.
- Riding Modes Linked to the ride-by-wire system, there are Road and Rain riding modes, selectable via the new switch gear, for maximum control and safety in different riding conditions, both delivering full power.
- Switchable ABS The contemporary safety standard, with minimal visual impact, the ABS is responsive yet unobtrusive. Switchable via the instrument menu, this is a unique feature on the Street Scrambler which reflects its genuine dual purpose capability.
- Switchable Traction Control
- Contemporary switchable traction control, maximising rider safety and control.
- Torque Assist Clutch Reducing clutch lever effort, the torque assist clutch improves long distance rideability and reduces rider fatigue.
- Immobiliser Immobiliser system fitted as standard with a transponder incorporated into the Triumph branded key.
- LED Rear Light Compact and elegant, with a distinctive light pattern, the LED rear light is durable and power efficient.
- USB Charging Socket Located under the seat, the USB socket allows for the convenient charging of personal equipment.
|Engine Type||Liquid cooled, 8 Valve, SOHC, 270º Crank angle parallel twin|
|Bore||84.6mm x 80mm|
|Max Power Output||TBA|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||12 L|
|Transmission Type||5 Speed|
|Kerb Weight||203 KG|
|Tyre Size Front||TBA|
|Tyre Size Rear||150/70 R17|
|Brakes Type Front||TBA|
|Brakes Type Rear||TBA|