NEW Street Twin
THE NEW STREET TWIN
Better performing, better looking, and even more fun to ride; everything about the new Street Twin is designed to deliver maximum enjoyment. Representing a major step forward for Triumph’s most successful custom classic, this new generation brings more torque-rich Bonneville power, higher specification equipment for more control & comfort, new first-in-class technology, and more premium style. In addition, there’s maximum customising capability for riders looking to add to the authentic character of a modern classic that’s world renowned for its accessible all-round performance, usability, riding feel and timeless iconic style.
Street Twin - For Today’s Originals
Representing a major step forward for Triumph’s most successful modern classic, the new 2019 Street Twin now brings a significant step up in power, a higher specification of equipment, even more rider comfort and first-in-class technology. Launched in 2016 the Street Twin is the most contemporary model in Triumph’s Bonneville line-up and has become the single biggest selling modern classic. This success has come thanks to its beautiful custom looks, accessible and confidence inspiring ride, and thrilling high torque engine.
• Triumph’s single biggest selling modern classic
- More than 90% of Street Twins sold to date have been fitted with Triumph accessories
- Chosen by the widest age range of riders and many people new to motorcycling
- The starting point for many pro-build customs
• More power and performance
- Significant power increase, up by 10PS to 65PS, 18% more peak power than before
- Higher revving engine, with a red line now 500rpm higher than the previous generation
- High 80Nm torque output
- Unmistakable British twin sound
• Higher specification for improved rider control and comfort
- New Brembo 4-piston front brake caliper, enhancing braking performance
- New higher-specification cartridge front forks for a more comfortable ride
- Improved rider ergonomics for enhanced riding experience
- Enhanced rider and pillion seat comfort
• New first-in-class technology
- New Road and Rain riding modes
- New accessory option TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System) capability
- ABS and switchable traction control
- Torque-assist clutch
- LED rear light
- Immobiliser and USB power socket
• More contemporary custom style
- New cast aluminium multi-spoke wheels with machined detailing
- New contemporary logo
- New more premium instrument styling
- Improved finish and detailing across the whole bike
• Built to personalise
- 140+ custom accessories
- 2 new inspiration kits – Urban Ride and Café Custom
The new 2019 Street Twin introduces a host of exciting updates, including more power and performance which is the biggest headline.
The 900cc High Torque Bonneville engine benefits from a significant upgrade, delivering an incredible 10PS more peak power, taking the total up to 65PS, an impressive 18% more than its predecessor.
This upgrade also brings higher revs, up 500rpm to 7,500rpm. This, combined with its renowned peak torque of 80Nm delivered low down @ 3,800rpm, and its imposing twin upswept silencers, delivers that unmistakeable British Twin soundtrack and thrilling and responsive Street Twin ride.
To deliver the higher power and performance, the engine updates include
- New magnesium cam cover
- New lightweight crankshaft, dead shafts and balance shafts
- New mass optimised clutch cover
- New lighter clutch.
On top of the engine updates, the new Street Twin retains the high standard of modern engine technology that has contributed to making this the most successful Triumph modern classic. Ride-by-wire brings enhanced rideability, safety and control, from a single throttle body and is sensitively incorporated with minimal visual impact. Liquid cooling delivers low emissions and fuel efficient riding. High service intervals of 10,000 miles (16,000km) also reduce the Street Twin’s cost of ownership.
• A dealer-fitted A2 licence kit, incorporating APS twist grip and engine tune, will be available for the new Street Twin. This enhances the Street Twin’s accessibility even further, making it a great first choice for new riders.
Higher specification for improved rider control and comfort
The new 2019 Street Twin represents a significant step forward in dynamic handling, exceptional rider and pillion comfort, with a higher level of specification for greater control and an improved ride.
New Brembo 4-piston front brake caliper, featuring premium Brembo branding, provides excellent stopping power, with better bite and feel for greater rider control.
New higher spec cartridge front forks, with 120mm travel, deliver a more comfortable ride.
On top of its higher specification equipment, the new Street Twin has improved rider ergonomics with a more comfortable seat-to-foot riding position, enhancing the overall riding experience. Furthermore, a 10mm increase to the seat foam thickness increases both rider and pillion comfort, improving longer distance rideability.
As a result, the new Street Twin delivers an even better ride with dynamic and intuitive handling set-up for an even more confidence-inspiring and engaging riding experience.
New first-in-class technology
The 2019 Street Twin sets a new benchmark for first-in-class technology with:
- New Road and Rain riding modes, which adjust the throttle map and traction control settings for the optimum riding experience in all conditions
- New TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System) accessory option capability, for greater riding practicality and rider confidence
- Traction control, which is switchable via the instrument menu and optimises the delivery of the Street Twin’s class-leading torque when traction is compromised
- ABS for enhanced rider confidence, safety and control
- Torque-assist clutch bringing a lighter touch and feel to the clutch to make it easier to ride, and ride for longer
- LED rear light incorporated into the minimal tail set-up with a distinctive rear light pattern and optimal power efficiency
- Immobiliser fitted as standard, with transponder incorporated into the key, for maximum security
- USB charging socket located under the seat for the convenient charging of personal electronic devices.
More contemporary custom style
The Street Twin’s stylish custom character has been enhanced further with even more contemporary sophisticated details and touches.
Most noticeable are the beautiful new cast aluminium, multi-spoke wheels with machined detailing - a high quality finishing touch that adds a new dimension to the motorcycle.
The new Street Twin logo, featuring on the new side panel, provides a more contemporary look compared to the previous model.
There is also an upgrade to the instrument styling, with a new bezel complete with high value metallic Bonneville embellisher, plus a new dial face with a premium translucent silver finish and more integrated warning lights.
And there are several other enhanced details across the bike, including:
- New brushed aluminium headlight brackets
- New premium foil decal tank badge
- New seat materials, leather inspired dual-material construction with tactile feel and durable finish
- New machined headlight detailing
All this comes on top of the Street Twin’s distinctive custom looks and detailing, including:
- Contemporary black engine finish
- Signature ‘Bonneville’ finned head and header clamps
- Elegant single throttle body with aluminium finisher
- Twin upswept brushed stainless-steel silencers
- Compact headlight with Triumph bulb cap badge
- Sculpted fuel tank
- Minimal mirrors and stylish indicators
The new Street Twin is available in three exciting paint schemes:
- Matt Ironstone
- Korosi Red
- Jet Black
Built to personalise
As the starting point for many pro-builds in the custom world, the Street Twin has inspired a transformation in customer personalisation, with over 90% of bikes sold to date being fitted with Triumph accessories.
With over 140 new stylish dealer-fit accessories for this motorcycle, it’s never been easier to create your own custom. This includes a garage full of custom inspired parts, including silencers from Vance and Hines, Fox rear shocks, bench seats, fly screens, rear mudguard removal kits, and beautiful compact bullet LED** indicators.
To make it easier, we’ve also created a set of two exciting inspiration kits to use as the starting point for riders to design their own Street Twin custom, or to have fitted as a complete set – the stripped-back Urban Ride kit and the contemporary urban custom style Café Custom kit.
The Urban Ride kit:
Adding even more stripped back urban style, with
- Brown quilted bench seat
- Black sump plate kit
- Fender removal kit
- Machined black oil filler cap
- Black intake covers
- Waxed cotton pannier in black
- LED** indicators
The Café Custom kit:
Creating a more contemporary urban custom style, this is a modern take on an old school café racer, with:
- Fox rear suspension unit
- Slip on Vance & Hines silencers
- Rear fender removal kit
- LED** indicators
- Machined black oil filler cap
- Black intake covers
- Ride-by-Wire For a crisper and more precise throttle response, with improved on/off throttle transition, enabling different throttle maps, which, combined with the traction control settings, give two riding modes.
- Riding Modes Linked to the ride-by-wire system, there are Road and Rain riding modes, selectable via the new switch gear, for maximum control and safety in different riding conditions, both delivering full power.
- ABS The contemporary safety standard, with minimal visual impact, the ABS is responsive yet unobtrusive.
- Switchable Traction Control Contemporary switchable traction control, maximising rider safety and control.
- Torque Assist Clutch Reducing clutch lever effort, the torque assist clutch improves long distance rideability and reduces rider fatigue.
- Immobiliser Immobiliser system fitted as standard with a transponder incorporated into the Triumph branded key.
- LED Rear Light Compact and elegant, with a distinctive light pattern, the LED** rear light is durable and power efficient.
- USB Charging Socket Located under the seat, the USB socket allows for the convenient charging of personal equipment.
|Engine Type||Liquid cooled, 8 Valve, SOHC, 270º Crank angle parallel twin|
|Bore||84.6mm x 80mm|
|Max Power Output||TBA|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||12 L|
|Transmission Type||5 Speed|
|Kerb Weight||198 KG|
|Tyre Size Front||100/90-18|
|Tyre Size Rear||150/70 R17|
|Brakes Type Front||TBA|
|Brakes Type Rear||Single 255mm disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, ABS|